Nearly three-quarters of people in Eden have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, figures reveal.
NHS data shows 32,219 people had received both jabs by July 4 – 71 per cent of those aged 16 and over, based on latest population estimates for mid-2020 from the Office for National Statistics.
Of those to have received both jabs, 31,516 were aged 25 and over – 76 per cent of the age group.
It means 703 people aged between 16 to 25 have received both doses.
Meanwhile, 40,915 people in Eden have received at least one dose of a vaccine – 90 per cent of those aged 16 and over.
The NHS vaccine data also reveals variation in coverage for residents who are fully vaccinated between different areas across Eden.
These figures are based on mid-2019 estimates – the latest at neighbourhood level.
Areas with the highest coverage:
- Penrith Outer, with 75.7 per cent of people aged 16 and over fully vaccinated.
- Appleby, Shap and Kirkby Thore, 72.6 per cent
- Kirkby Stephen, Tebay and Brough, 72.4 per cent
Areas with the lowest coverage:
- Penrith Central and West, 61.7 per cent
- Askham, Ullswater and Greystoke, 70.7 per cent
- Langwathby, Kirkoswald and Alston Moor, 71.4 per cent
Across England, 28.2 million people had received a second dose of the jab by July 4 – 62 per cent of the population aged over 16 and over.
That includes 27.3 million people aged 25 and over – 69 per cent of the age group.
In total, 37.8 million people had received at least one dose of a vaccine by the same date, covering 83 per cent of people over 16.