Five tips for vehicle owners have been shared by Cumbria Constabulary.
The force expects the county’s walking hot spots to become busier as restrictions are eased and is asking motorists to make sure their vehicles are safe while unattended.
Vehicles being left unattended whilst out enjoying a walk or a day out in some of Cumbria’s nicest areas opens opportunities for criminals. Cumbria police advise vehicle owners to take these preventative measures to make it harder for criminals:
- Plan accordingly by researching where the designated carparks are.
- Park in a secure location.
- Always lock your vehicles when leaving them unattended.
- Keep your vehicle keys in a secure place about your person.
- Ensure all valuables are removed from your vehicle when unattended.
Report anything suspicious on www.cumbria.police.uk/reportit, or by calling 101.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, completely anonymously, on 0800 555 111.