Today, we are launching a new £10,000 appeal to help a vital service that has touched many people’s lives.
Hospice at Home Carlisle and North Lakeland has provided end of life care at home for thousands of people since it was established in 1997.
We have joined forces with Hospice at Home and launched a £10,000 appeal to support its work.
We want you to help us hit our target by holding events, challenging yourself or dropping a donation into our offices or by going to our Justgiving page here?
What can you do to help?
From a sponsored silence to a bungee jump – it doesn’t matter what you do or how much you raise. We also want to hear from you! Let us know what you are doing for our campaign and we will help you promote it and say thank you to you and your supporters across our platforms.
Please give generously, every donation, small or large, counts and will make a difference.
All money donated will go directly to Hospice at Home.
- £20 would pay for one hour of complimentary therapy for a patient, family member or carer
- £24 would pay for one hour of counselling
- £41 would cover the cost of three hours of respite care to enable families and carers to take a break
- £167 would enable a registered nurse to provide a night of support to a patient in their home.
What would £10,000 pay for?
- 56 nights’ care by a registered nurse
- 399 hours’ of occupational therapy
- 424 hours of family and bereavement counselling
- 533 hours of complimentary therapy
How to get involved
It’s easy to get involved and raise vital funds for Hospice at Home Carlisle and North Lakeland as part of our £10,000 appeal.
- Make a direct donation online. Visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/northlakeshospiceappeal
- Pop into our office and drop off some loose change into one of our collection tins.
- Organise a fundraising event – from a cake sale to a sporting challenge.
- Challenge yourself – from running a 10k, a sponsored silence to bungee jumping – you can do anything and ask people to sponsor you for our appeal.
- Tell people about our campaign, support an event being organised by others, or sponsor someone.
Every penny really does count.
If you are organising an event – please tell us about it! We will feature it in our publications and online.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01768 862313.