Yes, it will come to you in Busk, Scales, Scalehouses, Scarrowmanick, Staffield Parkhead, Renwick, Kirkoswald and everywhere – but only if you register soon.
Go on the website and pledge your vouchers now. Time is running out fast.
It will come but may take up to 15 or more months so if you already have a contract with another company don’t worry.
Years ago K’o village had the opportunity to get North Sea mains gas and that opportunity was lost because people thought they were okay with what they had.
As a previous gas user I know that will have cost them and us dearly.
Don’t let broadband be another lost opportunity.
We have only a glimpse of how important a good broadband speed is likely to be in the future and what effect it will have on our house prices and our lives.
This isn’t just a good speed, it is the best available anywhere in the world.
A few myths have come up which are untrue. There is no personal liability if the vouchers do not cover the scheme, every property will be reached and at the same £150 connection charge and businesses are not liable for a charge for VAT.
In fact, businesses get a connection for free.
If the vouchers do not meet the cost of the project, the shortfall is raised through the selling of shares.
Investment has to be for three years and can be more. Interest is paid at five per cent per annum and if you invest £1,500 you get a free connection.
Your money will be doing better than it will in the banks. Howard and I plan to invest whether there is a shortfall or not.
At present, the wayleaves situation, with landowners having to give permission for B4RN to run the cable through their land, is looking very good.
Three of the largest landowners have agreed and several landowners have already signed the way leave document.
We, with lots of volunteer help, have invested months of work into this project.
B4RN are committed to bringing gigabit fast broadband to every home in the parish but we and they can only do this if you commit now.
Please sign up today if you have not already done so and thank you to those who have but we need more.
We’re often asked: “why is it worth going to the effort to make B4RN happen”?
And what am I even going to do with 1,000Mbps?
Here’s some things to think about (taken from a B4RN publication):
- Viewing habits are changing…More and more TV is being streamed using broadband. B4RN is not slowed down by sharing the network with neighbours.
- No more waiting for uploads…B4RN’s symmetrical gigabit connection will make a big difference to anyone uploading photos or broadcasting videos
- Our homes are even smarter… lots of new appliances are internet capable
- Reducing the daily grind – working from home or running your own business will be easier (some have such a slow connection at present it is impossible)
- Adding value to your home…a 2014 survey indicated a good connection adds value to your home
- Healthy bodies keen minds…Medical devices can send invaluable data to doctors. Online learning is rising in popularity
- We’re all about community…B4RN offer a free service to schools and places of worship
- We’ve got the basics covered…You can surf the web do banking and shopping online