Ordinary Meeting of Kirkoswald Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 10th November 2020. This meeting took place virtually due to Covid 19 restrictions
Present: Mrs S Quinn (Chair), Mr N Jackson, Mrs W Smith, Mrs I Henderson, Mr J Little, Mr R Cranston, Mrs J Tea (Vice-Chair), Mr A Jackson, Mr J Haugh, Mr R Raine, District Cllr Robinson, Mr B Smythe (Broadband) and Mrs R Lytollis (Clerk)
Precis Of Draft Minutes
- Declarations of interest: Mr J Little (Cumbria Police & Crime Panel- Receiving an allowance)
- Apologies: County Cllr Driver and Mr N Edmundson (technical problems when connecting to the meeting)
- Parish Field: Mr J Haugh spoke to the meeting, reporting that the work will be carried out shortly, in time for the next meeting.
- Finance: Precept for 2021/22: It was resolved to keep it at the same amount as last year (proposed by Mrs J Tea, seconded by Mrs W Smith, unanimous vote)
- Highwayman’s Report and discuss matters related to Highway
- Potholes: Mr R Raine to compile a list of potholes and forward it to Mrs S Quinn. Clerk to report them to Highways Dept.
- Noticeboards: It was reported that they are nearly ready to be installed
- Winter roads: Chase County Cllr Driver
- Report from District Cllr Robinson: Report emailed to councillors prior to the meeting- councillors had no further questions. District Cllr Robinson added that there is discussion that Eden District Council will share a Chief Executive with Carlisle City Council until May 2021, and increase the number of Chief Officers. District Cllr Robinson said in the new year the district council will need to review what the options are.
- Police matters arising: Mr J Little explained his role, saying that his particular interest is in rural crime. He said that there are four meetings per year, which are currently being held on Zoom. He reported that thieves are working under the cover of darkness and there have been cases of fuel thefts and quad bikes being stolen to order.
- Residents need to be vigilant, make sure that they are insured and report anything suspicious. It is important that every incident is reported in order to highlight problems.
- Date and venue of the next meeting: 7.30 pm on Tuesday 8th December 2020 by Zoom