Ordinary Meeting of Kirkoswald Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 11th August 2020. The meeting took place virtually due to Covid 19 restrictions
Public Open Meeting (Maximum time 10 mins): None present
Present: Mrs S Quinn (Chair), Mrs J Tea (Vice-Chair), Mr A Jackson, Mr R Raine, Mr N Jackson, Mr J Haugh, Mrs I Henderson, Mr J Little, Mrs W Smith, Mrs R Lytollis (Clerk), District Cllr Robinson, County Cllr Driver & Ms J Falconer (Fellside Ladies)
Precis Of Draft Minutes
- Declarations of interest: None
- Apologies: Mr N Edmundson, Mr R Cranston & County Cllr Driver (to leave early to attend another meeting)
- Minutes: It was resolved to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes of the ordinary meeting held on Tuesday 14th July 2020 as a true record (proposed by Mrs J Tea, seconded by Mr J Haugh, unanimous vote).
- Broadband provision: Mrs S Quinn reported that she, Mrs J Tea, Mrs W Smith and Mr B Smythe had had a meeting to discuss the broadband voucher scheme (councillors had received a summary of the discussions prior to the parish council meeting). It was agreed to only submit property addresses when the homeowner has shown an expression of interest (proposed by Mr A Jackson, seconded by Mrs J Tea, unanimous vote).
- To discuss the proposed running track: Mrs J Falconer said that there was nothing new to report at present. She had emailed Mr Doug Huggon but hadn’t had a response as yet. It was reported that the Clerk had spoken to Planning Services who had confirmed that planning permission would be required, and the parish council insurance premium would rise if we were responsible for it. It was agreed to discuss it further at the September meeting.
- Date and venue of the next meeting: 7.30 pm on Tuesday 8th September 2020 (to be held on Zoom)
The meeting closed at 20:06.