Two-thirds of people in Eden have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, figures reveal.
NHS data shows 30,160 people had received both jabs by June 20 – 67 per cent of those aged 16 and over, based on the latest population estimates from the Office for National Statistics.
Of those to have received both jabs, 29,499 were aged 25 and over – 72 per cent of the age group.
It means 661 people aged between 16 to 25 have received both doses.
The NHS vaccine data also reveals variation in coverage for residents who had received at least one dose between different areas across Eden.
Across Eden, 87 per cent of those aged 16 and over have had one jab.
Areas with the highest coverage:
- Penrith Outer, with 92.1 per cent of people aged 16 and over given their first dose
- Hesket, Lazonby and Skelton, 87.9 per cent
- Appleby, Shap and Kirkby Thore, 87.8 per cent
Areas with the lowest coverage:
- Penrith Central and West, 79.5 per cent
- Langwathby, Kirkoswald and Alston Moor, 84.5 per cent
- Askham, Ullswater and Greystoke, 85.5 per cent
Across England, 26.4 million people had received a second dose of the jab by June 20 – 58 per cent of the population aged over 16 and over.
That includes 25.6 million people aged 25 and over – 65 per cent of the age group.
In total, 35.9 million people had received at least one dose of a vaccine by the same date, covering 79 per cent of people over 16.